One of the many things my daughter asked me to set up on her new iPod touch were all the smiley face icons, aka Emojis. With the iOS 5 update, Apple added this functionality to its native keyboard. It’s simple to do if you just know where to look.
1. From the homescreen, go to Settings.
Image: Apple Inc.
3. Scroll down and click on Keyboard.
4. Click on International Keyboard.
5. Tap on “Add New Keyboard”.
6. Scroll down and click on “Emoji”.
7. Your iDevice is now setup to include the Emoji keyboard.
Anytime you are typing where you bring up the native iOS keyboard, whether it be an email or iMessage, tap on the globe located directly to the left of the space bar. This will bring up the Emoji keyboard and there are many icons to select from. This even works on texting apps like WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, Bump, etc. since all the apps use the Apple keyboard.
Perhaps you’re not into Emojis but trust me your kids will love them!